Zettaset Announces Advanced Encryption Platform for Big Data in the Cloud
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 29 -- Zettaset, the leader in Big Data security, today announced availability of its advanced data protection platform for large-scale cloud environments. The new Zettaset XCrypt Cloud Encryption Gateway provides enterprise customers with full client-side encryption control of all data hosted in cloud storage environments as well as data transferring between the enterprise and cloud.
Zettaset XCrypt addresses the growing concern over cloud service providers' dual role of storing encrypted data and having access to encryption keys, and the exposure it creates for unauthorized decryption of sensitive data. XCrypt ensures that cloud service providers know nothing about the content of encrypted customer data or customer keys.
The initial release of the XCrypt Cloud Encryption Gateway is targeted at users of Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), an object-based data store. The Zettaset XCrypt solution is extensible, with support for other cloud services and data stores available in 2017.
Zettaset XCrypt will provide S3 users for the first time with:
- Full client-side control of data and high-availability key management
- Encryption protection for data-in-motion between the client and the AWS S3 cloud
- Encryption protection for data-at-rest in the S3 cloud
Cloud adoption is transforming business, providing organizations with greater agility and unprecedented economies of scale. According to a recent IDG Enterprise cloud computing survey, 70% of respondents have already moved at least one application or a portion of their infrastructure to the cloud. However, the security of cloud computing solutions remains a top concern.
"With the XCrypt Cloud Encryption Gateway, Zettaset is extending its advanced big data encryption capabilities into the cloud, providing organizations with complete control over cloud encryption services, including key management," said Zettaset CEO Jim Vogt. "Enterprises no longer have to share encryption keys with cloud service providers or any other outside entity, and can securely transition their most sensitive data into the cloud with greater confidence. We believe this will accelerate cloud infrastructure adoption, particularly among organizations with strict compliance requirements."
XCrypt Cloud Encryption Gateway Highlights
- Enables complete client-side control of all data transitioning between local and cloud data stores
- Eliminates need to cede ownership and control of data and keys to third parties
- Protects data-in-motion and data-at-rest
- Provides single point of control for integrated Zettaset Big Data Encryption Suite, including encryption software, high-availability virtual key manager and high-availability virtual hardware security module
- Integrates with existing standards-based security infrastructure, including KMIP-compliant key managers and PKCS#11-compliant hardware security modules
- Software-based solution delivers exceptional price/performance and ease of deployment
Visit Zettaset booth 2735 at AWS re:Invent 2016, Nov. 28 - Dec. 2 in Las Vegas, for a demonstration of the Zettaset XCrypt Cloud Encryption Gateway.
Zettaset, the leader in Big Data security, provides proven enterprise-class data privacy and protection for Object, NoSQL, Hadoop and Relational data environments. Unlike traditional security approaches, Zettaset data protection solutions are designed and performance-optimized for today's complex and demanding distributed-computing architectures and elastic cloud environments. Enterprise customers can rely on Zettaset to provide advanced Big Data security solutions that deliver high performance and scalability, while easily fitting into existing enterprise IT security and policy frameworks. Visit us at www.zettaset.com