AMAX’s [SMART]DC Data Center Manager to be on Display at Open Compute Summit
FREMONT, Calif., March 9 -- AMAX, a leading provider of cloud computing solutions for the modern data center, announced today it will be at Open Compute Summit at the Santa Clara Convention Center on March 8th and 9th, demonstrating how [SMART]DC Data Center Manager can serve as a universal infrastructure management solution for heterogeneous and highly-efficient data centers.
"As data centers scale aggressively to meet the demands of a cloud-dependent, highly-connected XaaS world, enterprises seek ways to reduce the CAPEX and OPEX of their data centers to maximize ROI," said Dr. Rene Meyer, Director of Product Development, AMAX. "One dominant trend is the movement away from purpose-built, brand-name servers to lower cost, commoditized white box servers that offer a higher degree of customization, and open platforms such as OCP."
[SMART]DC Data Center Manager was developed to address the needs of companies to have a seamless way to adopt white box or OCP platforms with minimal disruption, and manage their entire data center infrastructure using a single pane of glass universal management. [SMART]DC is compatible across all major server platforms, including Dell, HP, Lenovo, as well as major white box and OCP-accepted and inspired platforms. [SMART]DC can be used to manage standard compute and storage platforms as well as high-performance platforms featuring NVIDIA GPUs for Deep Learning and HPC.
Deployed as an out-of-band appliance, [SMART]DC is designed to be a robust remote management tool with intelligent software-defined power and cost saving features to help data centers achieve up to 30% in power savings. The software features versatile interface options, including an intuitive and configurable web GUI, Command Line Interface (CLI), and integration into an existing management solution via API, with zero code modification needed.
Key benefits include:
- Out-Of-Band Management: Communication is agentless through the BMC management port, independent of server OS. Does not consume CPU resources or interfere with applications.
- Virtual KVM: Administer, provision, and diagnose servers from anywhere through remote KVM.
- Real-Time Reporting: Track real-time server activity, power consumption, and thermal trends. Gain insights needed for data center power and efficiency management and future capacity planning without having to rely on additional sensors or meters.
- Integrated Health Monitoring: Detect, locate, and identify server health issues. Receive alerts for overcooling and hotspots of data room before they become incidents to improve uptime.
- Security: Set user and group privileges for access control and rights management.
- Density: Maximize server count per rack based on power consumption analytics to improve rack space efficiency.
- Power Savings: Automatically flag idle and underutilized servers for consolidation or repurposing.
- Call Home Ready: Supports add-on embedded service notification feature for AMAX hardware to expedite break/fix services.
[SMART]DC is the standardized management component in One Platform, AMAX's OCP-inspired turnkey solution which is delivered fully rack-integrated, tested, and ready to plug and play, minimizing the engineering overhead and time to market needed for deploying OCP. One Platform features a modular design capable of supporting various applications (OpenStack, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Storage, HPC/Deep Learning), and a configurable power shelf with in-rack battery. With [SMART]DC, One Platform can be easily plugged into an existing data center and be managed alongside existing infrastructure under a single management layer.