Supermicro Showcases Enterprise, Datacenter Solutions at CeBIT 2017
HANNOVER, Germany, March 20, 2017 -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a leader in compute, storage and networking technologies including green computing, announces participation in the annual CeBIT exhibition being held in Hannover, Germany from March 20 to 24. Supermicro will showcase enterprise and data center solutions in Booth B-66.
This year Supermicro's showcased products include the new SuperBlade and BigTwin high density computing solutions. The 8U SuperBlade is the newest in Supermicro's blade systems. The new 8U SuperBlade supports both current and next generation Intel Xeon processor-based blade servers with the fastest 100G EDR InfiniBand and Omni-Path switches for mission critical, enterprise and data center applications. It also leverages the same Ethernet switches, chassis management modules, and software as the successful MicroBlade for improved reliability, serviceability, and affordability. It maximizes the performance and power efficiency with DP and MP processors in half-height and full-height blades, respectively. The new smaller form factor 4U SuperBlade maximizes density and power efficiency while enabling up to 140 dual-processor servers or 280 single-processor servers per 42U rack.
The Supermicro BigTwin is a breakthrough multi-node server system with a multitude of innovations and industry firsts. BigTwin supports maximum system performance and efficiency by delivering 30% better thermal capacity in a compact 2U form-factor enabling solutions with the highest performance processor, memory, storage and I/O. Continuing Supermicro's NVMe leadership, the BigTwin is the first All-Flash NVMe multi-node system. BigTwin doubles the I/O capacity with three PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots and provides added flexibility with more than 10 networking options including 1GbE, 10G, 25G, 100G Ethernet and InfiniBand with its industry leading SIOM modular interconnect.
Supermicro will also be featuring the newest edition to the company's NVMe Flash portfolio supporting Intel's new Optane SSDs. Supermicro's industry leading portfolio of 60+ NVMe Flash based solutions with Intel Optane SSDs can deliver up to 11 million Write IOPs and 30TB of high performance Optane storage in a 1U form factor.
"We look forward to our participation on CeBIT each year as an opportunity to showcase our industry leading NVMe storage and enterprise computing solutions," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Both our BigTwin and SuperBlade systems are achieving market traction in high-density, energy-conscious data centers."
Supermicro offers the industry's most extensive selection of motherboards, servers and storage to support a wide range of markets including DS, DSS, Industrial and Machine Automation, Retail, Transport, Communication and Networking (Security), as well as Warm and Cold Storage.
Key server systems, storage systems, motherboards and Ethernet switches on display this year will include:
- BigTwin features (SYS-2028BT-HNR+). 4 dual Intel Xeon processor nodes in a 2U form factor, 24 DIMM slots for up to 3TB of memory, 6 NVMe U.2 drive bays per node, and an SIOM networking card per node
- The Supermicro MicroBlade represents an entirely new type of computing platform. It is a powerful and flexible extreme-density 6U/3U all-in-one total system that features 28/14 hot-swappable MicroBlade Server nodes supporting 28/14 Newest Dual-Node Intel Xeon processor-based UP systems with Intel Xeon processor E3-1200v5 family configurations with up to 2 SSDs/1 HDD per Node.
- NVMe Ultra Server for advanced in-memory computing. The system will include MemX, a high capacity, high performance, working memory and storage solution that offers superior performance at lower acquisition costs compared to traditional DRAM-only memory configurations. MemX uses NVMe-compatible, high performance HGST-branded Ultrastar SN200 family PCIe solid-state drives (SSDs) from Western Digital. The combined solution can deliver up to 11.7 terabytes (TB) of working memory and direct attached storage of 330 TB per 2U Ultra Server. The combination of Ultra Server and MemX is the ideal solution for Cloud Computing, in-Memory database, and big data analytics workloads used by Cloud Service Providers, Hyperscale, and Enterprise deployments
- 7U SuperServer Eight socket R1 (LGA 2011) supports Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 v4/v3 family (up to 24-Core), up to 24TB in 192 DDR4 DIMM slots, up to 15 PCI-E 3.0 slots (8 x16, 7 x8), 4x 10Gb LAN (SIOM), 1 dedicated LAN for IPMI Remote Management, 1 VGA, 2 USB 2.0, 1 COM via KVM, up to 12 Hot-swap 2.5" SAS3 HDDs (w/ RAID cards), 20x 2.5" or 6x 3.5", internal HDDs (w/ RAID cards) (SYS-7088B-TR4FT)
- 4U SuperServer with Dual socket R3 (LGA 2011) supports Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4/ v3 family (up to 160W TDP), up to 3TB ECC 3DS LRDIMM, up to DDR4-2400MHz; 24x DIMM slots, 2 PCI-E 3.0 x16, 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8, SIOM for flexible networking options, 60x 3.5" Hot-swap SAS3/SATA3 drive bays; 2x 2.5" rear Hot-swap SATA drive bays; optional 6 NVMe bays, LSI 3108 SAS3 HW RAID controller, Server remote management: IPMI 2.0/KVM over LAN / Media over LAN (SSG-6048R-E1CR60N)
- 2U SuperServer with four hot-pluggable system nodes with: Single socket P (LGA 3647) supports Intel Xeon Phi x200 processor, optional integrated Intel Omni-Path fabric, CPU TDP support Up to 260W, up to 384GB ECC LRDIMM, 192GB ECC RDIMM, DDR4-2400MHz in 6 DIMM slots, 2 PCI-E 3.0 x16 (Low-profile) slots, Intel i350 Dual port GbE LAN, 1 Dedicated IPMI LAN port, 3 Hot-swap 3.5" SATA drive bays, 1 VGA, 2 SuperDOM, 1 COM, 2 USB 3.0 ports (rear) (SYS-5028TK-HTR)
- 1U SuperServer Dual socket R3 (LGA 2011) supports Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4/ v3 family; QPI up to 9.6GT/s, up to 3TB ECC 3DS LRDIMM up to DDR4- 2400MHz; 24x DIMM slots, 2 PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots(2 FH 10.5" L, 1 LP), 4x 10GBase-T ports, 10x 2.5" SATA (Optional 8x SAS3 ports via AOC) Hot-swap Drive Bays, Diablo Technologies Memory1 Support (SYS-1028U-TR4T+)
- 1U SuperServer with dual socket Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 family (up to 145W TDP), up to 4 co-processors, up to DDR4-2400MHz
;16x DIMM slots, 3 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots, 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8 Low-profile slot, 2x 10GBase-T LAN via Intel X540, 2x 2.5" Hot-swap drive bays, 2x 2.5" internal drive bays (SYS-1028GQ-TXRT)
- 1U SuperServer with dual socket Intel Xeon processor E5-2600v4/v3 family (up to 145W TDP), up to 4 co-processors, up to 512GBECC 3DS LRDIMM , up to DDR4-2400MHz; 16x DIMM slots, 3 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots, 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8 Low-profile slot, 2x 10GBase-T LAN via Intel X540, 2x 2.5" Hot-swap drive bays, 2x 2.5" internal drive bays (SYS-1028GQ-TXRT)
- 2U NVMe Mission Critical Storage Server with 40 Dual port NVMe Omni-Path SIOM support (SSG-2028R-DN2R40L)
- Intel Xeon-D 12-core embedded motherboard (X10SDV-12C-TLN4F): with up to 128GB memory, 6 SATA3 ports, 1 PCI-E 3.0 x16, 1 M.2 PCI-E 3.0 x4, and 2x 10GbE network connectivity
- Intel Xeon-D 4-core embedded motherboard (X10SDV -2C-TP8F): with up to 128GB memory, 2 PCI-E 3.0 x8, 1 M.2 PCI-E 3.0 x4, and 2x 10G SFP+ networking connectivity
- ATOM Motherboard, Intel Atom processor E3940, SoC, FCBGA 1296, up to 8GB Unbuffered non-ECC DDR3-866MHz SO-DIMM in 1 DIMM slot, Dual GbE LAN ports via Intel I210-AT, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x2 (in x8) slot, M.2 PCIe 2.0 x2, M Key 2242/2280, 1 Mini-PCIe with mSATA, 2 SATA3 (6Gbps) via SoC, 4 SATA3 (6Gbps) via Marvel 88SE9230, 1 DP (DisplayPort), 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 eDP (Embedded DisplayPort), 1 Intel HD Graphics, 2 USB 3.0 (2 rear), 7 USB 2.0, (2 rear, 4 via headers, 1 Type A), 3 COM ports (1 rear, 2 headers), 1 SuperDOM, 4-pin 12v DC power connector (A2SAV)
- 1U Top-of-Rack 48x Port 100Gb/s switch (SSH-C48Q) – supports the 100Gbps Intel Omni-Path Architecture (OPA), 48x 100 Gb/s ports - QSFP28, optional RJ45 1G management port and USB serial console port
- 1U SuperSwitch Top of Rack Bare Metal 1/10G Ethernet switch with 48x 1Gbps Ethernet RJ45 ports and 4x SFP+ 10Gbps Ethernet ports (SSE-G3648BR)
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.