Imanis Data Launches Backup and Recovery Software for Modern Data Platforms
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 9, 2017 -- Imanis Data, formerly Talena, creator of the first and only machine learning-backed data management software for modern data platforms, today announced the availability of the fastest backup and recovery platform on the market, Imanis Data 3.0. In addition to offering the fastest backup and recovery of large data sets, the platform enables early detection of ransomware attacks and proactively identifies accidental data loss, reducing downtime to minutes and hours from days and weeks. Imanis Data 3.0 can recover huge data sets for modern data platforms such as Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB and Hadoop at a granular level 5-10 times faster than any alternative in the market, minimizing downtime to quickly get enterprises back in business and saving companies up to 80 percent on secondary storage costs.
“As the number of mission-critical applications built on top of modern data platforms increases, the risk for errors and ransomware attacks is rising rapidly. In the event of loss, corruption, or ransomware attacks, speed and accuracy of recovery are essential, and redundancy is not enough to protect companies from large-scale data loss or corruption,” said Nitin Donde, CEO at Imanis Data. “We created Imanis Data 3.0 with machine learning built-in, giving companies the scale, speed and power to effectively manage modern data platforms.”
Imanis Data 3.0 is a next-generation, cloud-ready backup and recovery software platform with built-in machine intelligence to handle massive data sets - terabytes, petabytes and beyond. Imanis Data’s first-of-its-kind software offers extreme scale, rapid recovery, machine learning and smart storage optimization.
“Business applications built on top of modern data platforms such as MongoDB and Cassandra are just as exposed to the threat of ransomware and critical data loss as traditional applications,” said Phil Goodwin, Research Director at IDC. “Yet, many IT managers are just beginning to look at data protection requirements for these applications. IT organizations need to consider data protection tools designed specifically for these environments, such as Imanis Data, because some of the underlying architectural issues are different from traditional data types.”
Key benefits of Imanis Data 3.0 include:
- Rapid data recovery that reduces downtime: Imanis Data 3.0 can recover up to petabyte-sized data sets and beyond at a granular level 10 times faster than the next best alternative, reducing downtime to minutes and hours, as opposed to days and weeks.
- Machine learning integration for ransomware protection: Imanis Data 3.0’s machine learning capabilities enable early detection of ransomware attacks and immediately notify the user about accidental data loss.
- Massive scalability: Imanis Data can scale exponentially, enabling companies to manage rapidly growing data sets for modern data platforms with ease. Imanis Data’s customers have successfully backed up and recovered terabyte and petabyte-sized data sets and beyond.
- Significant cost-savings: Using Imanis Data’s smart storage architecture, customers can save up to 80 percent on secondary storage costs.
- Broadest range of modern data platform support: Imanis Data 3.0 adds native integration with Azure Blob Storage and HDInsight; support for MongoDB, Oracle SQL database and Cassandra 3.0/DSE 5.1; and multi-tenancy support. The platform also has the ability to back up Hadoop NameNode metadata.
- Cloud-ready solution: Imanis Data 3.0 cloud-based data replication for cross-region disaster recovery support along with native support for varied cloud storage options.
“Speed and efficiency of recovery is vitally important in helping us achieve our business goals,” said Rodrigo Balan, Network Operations Manager at IdentityMind Global. “We’ve found that Imanis Data 3.0 is the only platform that can easily scale with our growing business and data needs. Its rapid backup and recovery capabilities have reduced our potential downtime to a minimum and have helped our business run more efficiently.”
About Imanis Data
Imanis Data (previously Talena) has developed the industry’s fastest data backup and recovery software with built-in machine learning to handle massive data sets - terabytes, petabytes and beyond - with mission-critical applications sitting on top of modern data platforms such as DataStax / Cassandra, Couchbase, Hadoop HBase/Hive, MongoDB and Vertica. Leveraging the power of machine learning, Imanis Data ensures data resiliency in the event of disasters or corruption, enabling companies to get back online faster. Imanis Data backs up and recovers terabyte and petabyte-sized data sets and beyond 5-10 times faster than any other solution on the market, minimizing the impact of data loss associated with human and application errors and reducing downtime to minutes and hours, as opposed to days and weeks. Imanis Data’s customers include leading Fortune 500 businesses in the retail, financial services and travel industries, among others. Founded in 2013, Imanis Data is located in San Jose, CA. For more information, visit http://imanisdata.com/.
Source: Imanis Data