HPC on Wall Street: A Conference on Advanced Technology Strategies in the Financial Services Industry
Few industries are more avid for low latency, compute power and high performance data analytics (HPDA) than the financial services sector. The investment banks, brokerage houses, hedge funds, buy-side money management firms and commercial banks are in a permanent race to adopt the latest, most powerful technologies that deliver competitive advantage.
A one-day forum around these themes – HPC on Wall Street – will convene in New York on Thursday, September 13, at the Roosevelt Hotel, 45 East 45th Street and Madison Avenue, and will feature presentations on artificial intelligence, big compute/HPC, hybrid IT and cloud computing, containerization, cyber security and crypto currency, among other technology topics critical to the business strategies of Wall Street firms.
To register, please go to: https://www.hpconwallstreet.com/shop-2/
While the conference, formerly called HPC for Wall Street, has existed for many years, this year marks its first iteration under the new ownership of Tabor Communications, publisher of HPCwire, Datanami and EnterpriseTech, in partnership with BluSky Consulting of New York. The event is designed for CTOs, CIOs, database, systems & solutions architects, and other decision-makers working to build systems and applications that require increasing performance and throughput. HPC on Wall Street encourages attendees to collaborate with experts and peers to discover tools that meet today’s data demands and uncover business intelligence and fintech innovation that will provide solutions to digital transformation challenges within financial services.
“The conference name change is intended to emphasize our renewed focus on the strategies of IT planners at financial services firms that require the most powerful, new technologies to survive and thrive in this incredibly fast-paced industry,” said Tom Tabor, CEO. “Our line-up of speakers, and the vendors exhibiting at the event, will renew the tech savviness of everyone who attends the conference.”
For a complete schedule of conference events please go to: https://www.hpconwallstreet.com/2018-program/
- A session led by a senior data scientist/architect from Credit Suisse, who will discuss the integration of AI with cloud computing, how financial services companies have evolved their strategies beyond big data to real-time business use cases that are quickly entering the mainstream in capital markets
- A presentation by an IBM Fellow and chief engineer of Power Systems on AI / Big Compute, focusing on how the demands of HPC and AI applications are creating significant infrastructure challenges for IT organizations. This session will describe how IBM Cognitive Systems is addressing these challenges with new hardware and software capabilities.
- An end user keynote from the chief customer officer at Arista Networks on advances in programmable networks for financial trading focusing on ensuring fair, low-latency market access so critical for financial institutions and exchanges.
- A panel session led by a senior solutions architect at AIG, and which will include representatives from Cisco, Dell, Intel Mellanox, Red Hat, SNIA and VMware, that will discuss strategies and techniques related to cloud computing in financial services.
- An end user keynote on cyber security from a senior data specialist at NASDAQ.
- A panel featuring experts from Accenture, Global Debt Registry, HPE and Intel who will discuss “Blockchain for the real world: How to harness it for your business,” focusing on blockchain’s transformative potential ranging from cryptocurrencies to traditional banking.
- A keynote from Kristin Boggiano, founder and president of Women in Derivatives and chief legal officer and executive committee member of AlphaPoint, a blockchain fintech company that enables institutions to operate digital asset networks and exchanges. A frequent speaker at industry conferences, her session is entitled “Transforming Finance: The Impact of Emerging Technologies.”
- A panel discussion led by industry analyst Addison Snell of Intersect360 on “Adopting HPC in the Enterprise and Other Lessons from the Financial Services Industry. Participants will include experts from Rstor, Sylabs and Sandia National Laboratories who will discuss the adoption of advanced technologies, such as containers for HPC, high-performance data movement and hybrid clouds.
“HPC on Wall Street is re-establishing itself as a foremost event dedicated to showcasing fintech innovation on Wall Street,” said Jem Pagán, president of BluSky Consulting and co-chair of the conference. “The goal for this streamlined event is to foster a deep understanding of the innovations and leading use cases for HPC adoption in financial services, which are ushering in a new era of digital transformation within the industry. With well-established, relevant themes and by providing collaboration opportunities, such as board room sessions, interactive panels, and networking and exhibitor sessions, this conference accelerates the search for fintech solutions, getting everyone closer to their goals.”